Butterfly Release Controversy: Click Here
When should I place my order? Place your order at least 2 weeks in advance during April through July as these are popular months for weddings. During the rest of the year we require only 10 days notice for orders. We recommend you place your order as soon as possible to avoid any last minute disappointments. We take orders up to 1 year in advance.
How many butterflies should I order? The average order is 2 dozen per 50 guests. For an individual butterfly release you can order one per guest or couple, or select certain guests to participate, such as the wedding party and family. Or releasing several dozen butterflies at once from a basket by the bride and groom is also very attractive.
How warm does it need to be to release Butterflies? Butterflies will only take flight when the temperature is above 62°F, but the warmer the better! Painted Lady Butterflies require at least 72°F You can check the history of the Average Temperature for your area to be sure your butterfly release will be a success.
What if I place an order, but the weather turns bad? If the forecast is unfavorable, call us at least three(3) days
before the event, and we will gladly cancel the order and refund the full purchase amount. We don't penalize you for Mother Nature's indecisions!
Can I release butterflies at night? There must be at least 30 minutes of light left once you release them so they can find a place to roost for the evening. To find the exact time that the sun will set for your date and location visit http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/rs-one-day-us.
How do the butterflies survive shipping? Each butterfly is fed and carefully placed inside our triangular cardstock boxes for their safety. They are surrounded by soft padding and packaged in an insulated cooler with a cool-pack. The cool temperature combined with minimal light keeps the butterflies calm and naturally inactive during shipping. Butterflies are sent via overnight delivery to arrive the day before your event.
What should I do when my Butterflies arrive? Complete instructions on how to care for and release your butterflies will accompany your order.
What happens to them after release? We ship butterflies the USDA has approved for your area of the country so that only butterflies indigenous to your area are released. If you have flowers and host plants for the butterflies nearby, they may stay a while or even take up residency for the remainder of the season.
Due to government regulations, we are unable to ship Monarch butterflies outside the Continental United States.
This includes Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Butterfly Care and Release instructions:
1) WHEN THE BUTTERFLIES ARRIVE: Butterflies are sent via overnight delivery to arrive the day before your event. Open the top of the package for ventilation and store the butterflies in a cool, dark place away from direct light until ready to transport to the event. This will keep them calm. Your only commitment is to keep the box in a cool, dark place until you are ready to transport them to your event. When transporting the butterflies, do not leave them in a parked car for more than a few minutes, especially if it is a warm day, and remember to keep them covered and away from direct sunlight.
2) TO RELEASE BUTTERFLIES INDIVIDUALLY: Open the top of the shipping container to expose the butterfly boxes to light and allow them to warm (5 minutes if cooler day or less is necessary if the day is warm and sunny). This stimulates the butterflies and will make them active again. Then pass out the butterfly boxes at the appropriate moment. The butterflies are released by simply unfolding the boxes to open them. As soon as the envelope is open wide enough for the butterfly to flap a wing, the butterfly should take flight. The majestic butterflies will wing their way into the air creating a brilliant show-stopping splash of color. If they find nectar flowers in the immediate area they may even hang around for a while to delight you and your guests before going off to start a new lifecycle.
3) TO RELEASE BUTTERFLIES FROM A BASKET: Transfer the butterflies into a prepared release basket or other attractive release container. To remove the butterflies from the boxes, gently hold the butterfly's body in place from the outside of the envelope at the thorax (where the legs are attached) to steady the butterfly inside the envelope and open the envelope flap with the opposite hand. Grasp the butterfly's wings between your thumb and forefinger just above the thorax and pull it free of envelope. While you should apply a firm, but gentle, touch, you need not be concerned about injury to the wings from touching them. The scales (coloring) do not affect its ability to fly. Transfer the butterflies to a basket BEFORE transporting to the wedding, and keep the basket covered (a towel) to shield them from light until arriving at the location. Warm them up prior to the release by exposing them to light (15 minutes if cooler day or less is necessary if the day is warm and sunny) OR they may be left exposed on display for the length of the ceremony if you wish, as long as they are not in direct sunlight. The light stimulates the butterflies and makes them active.
4) DURING THE RELEASE: As they emerge from their boxes or release baskets, an appointed guest can read the words from the American Indian Legend below. Or you may certainly write your own dedication to provide a cue for the butterfly release.
Then, enjoy the moment and celebrate the day. The butterflies certainly will. (For Memorial Poems CLICK HERE)
American Indian Legend
According to an American Indian Legend -
If anyone desires a wish to come true they must first
capture a butterfly and whisper that wish to it.
Since a butterfly can make no sound, the butterfly can not reveal
the wish to anyone but the Great Spirit who hears and sees all.
In gratitude for giving the beautiful butterfly its freedom,
the Great Spirit always grants the wish.
So, according to legend, by making a wish and giving the butterfly its freedom,
the wish will be taken to the heavens and be granted.
We offer only the highest quality farm raised butterflies for release. We guarantee that you will receive your butterflies live, vibrant and healthy. Additionally, we include an extra butterfly per dozen purchased. In the unlikely occurrence that you find any problem with your order, notify us immediately and we will make every effort to immediately correct the situation or refund your money for the expired butterflies once they are returned to us. If you see that the weather is not going to cooperate, give us three days before your event, and we will gladly cancel the order and refund the full purchase amount. We don't penalize you for Mother Nature's indecisions! If you cancel your order for any other reason there is a 15% cancellation fee. Our commitment to customer satisfaction does not end when you make your purchase, but only when you have experienced the everlasting joy of your successful butterfly release!
*Butterfly Release Baskets must be ordered at least 10 days before the event or we cannot guarantee their arrival before your event.
We reserve the right to substitute butterflies if we feel the quality of the butterflies does not meet our standards.
* We will not issue refunds for orders due to ship October 1 - May 15th as these months are generally too cold in the northern
states to ship butterflies.
* Shipping Issues : Orders arriving late or delayed in shipping due to weather, mechanical failure or negligence on of the
part of the shipping company you (the customer) agree not to hold Amazing Productions, Inc. responsible for the order.
Orders delayed or not delivered due to the shipping company’s inability to do so will not be refunded.
This situation is rare but can occur. We track all packages for you and assist as much as possible to get issues resolved
quickly so you receive your butterflies in time for your special event. In addition we send you via email the tracking number
once it ships from our facility.
Please double check the delivery address in the email confirmation of your order. If there is an error, please call us to rectify
it before the order is shipped. If you provide us with an incorrect or incomplete address, then Amazing Productions, Inc will accept no responsibility for the delivery of the order. No refund will be issued
All Prices Subject to Change Without Notice